kompoStella

[22.5.09]

and it works too!


amazing how much happiness one can buy for the price of, say, 20 eggs :-D
hip hip hurray for flea markets!
obviously, when my (smoking hot) photo shop guy tells me the price of the cassette he just inserted in the camera, and i realise we are now talking, say, 20 beer... i'm still happy but also a wee bit overwhelmed.
i mean, i've totally forgotten what it is to take pictures with actual film, that you actually have to pay for. usually i'll shoot anywhere from 2 to 50 times before i'm content. but i guess this is brilliant exercise, having to be absolutely certain that everything is how i want it to be before i press the button of magic.
YAY! me so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Hugh Griffith | May 22, 2009 at 7:40 p.m.

It's like having a flint-lock camera.

Congratulations and good luck!

Sylvia | May 22, 2009 at 10:59 p.m.

Congratulations! I bought one on ebay (one step land camera) which supposed to work, but I didn't check it yet. I need to buy the paper which will be probably more expensive that the camera itself, and it wasn't for the price of 20 eggs ;)

everyday graces | May 28, 2009 at 1:08 p.m.

i'm so happy for you. what a happy find. I'm hoping to get on the polaroid band wagon any day now.

kompoStella | May 29, 2009 at 7:29 a.m.

Hugh - thanks... but i don't know what a flint-lock is :-/

Sylvia - it's exiting isn't it?! i hope yours work too.

everyday - a happy find indeed :-)

kat evans | May 29, 2009 at 10:22 p.m.

I bought a Polaroid sx-70
about a month ago and it
has been ROUGH and not
to mention EXPENSIVE to
buy the 600 film for it. I
honestly prefer film over
digital for it's appearance.
And yes it does make you
think twice before pressing
the "button of magic." Yay
for you and your new find!

kompoStella | June 2, 2009 at 6:47 a.m.

kat - i didn't dare to go with one of the really old ones for exactly this reason. looking forward to see some of your shots, though!