kompoStella

[10.8.08]

Strangers in the Night

i went out last night (can you here the fanfare?) and great things happened.
i
a) heard two brilliant concerts
b) got an idea for my first blog list (yes, me too, another list-crazed-female)
c) met this stranger on my door step:
he was chilling out under the hood of a car, waiting for the torrential down pour to stop. i don't think he minded the flash. it sure made his finery and the drops on his head sparkle and shine...
an hour later the rain had stopped but i couldn't stop thinking about him, so i went out to check on him. he was gone, off to a more superior destination, i presume.
blog list Great Things about getting Older will commence when there's less of an echo inside my skull (guess that should start an instant list of Frightening Facts of Erosion... but that would be too obvious, too long and remind me too much of my everyday thinking) so i'll sign off for now as
yours truly,
Hollow Head.

4 comments:

Kathrine | August 10, 2008 at 1:38 p.m.

Hei der. Og takk for koselig kommentar i min blogg:) Og ja, Botaniske Hage i Amsterdam er verdt ett besøk den også, mellom alt annet denne flotte byen har å tilby. Vi rakk ikke så mye av blomstringa, men nydelig likevel.
Forresten har du nydelige pelargonium:-) Herlig!!

sunflower | August 11, 2008 at 12:14 p.m.

there are great things about getting older? like being able to sleep in the middle of the day without anyone thinking ur lazy perhaps..cool pics btw

Di Mackey | August 16, 2008 at 2:26 a.m.

I loved the way you wrote about this ... I imagined 'it' was a person but I couldn't work out the photo.

Was the shiny thing a necklace I wondered and etc ... clearly it's Saturday morning and I'm not thinking yet.

So I clicked on the photo, loved it and laughed at myself at the same time.

Lovely post :)

kompoStella | August 18, 2008 at 3:43 a.m.

Kathrine - thank you :-D

Sunflower - just you wait & see. i'm sure you'll come up with more to add to the list!
and thanks :-)

Di Mackey - he he! imagining you, morning time and the confusion made me laugh, too!!! thank you ever so much.